Roberto Satolli satolli [at] zadig [dot] it
Giulia Candiani candiani [at] zadig [dot] it
Maria Rosa Valetto valetto [at] zadig [dot] it
Multinational, independent clinical trials provide valuable contributions for improving medical care in Europe by answering urgent questions about best therapies, diagnoses and prognoses.
ECRAN project aims at informing citizens, patients, healthcare professionals, researchers, policymakers and society about:
- the importance of public knowledge on clinical trials;
- the need for independent clinical trials driven by healthcare issues, in order to optimise treatment strategies by comparing benefits and harms of multiple therapeutic options, supporting evidence-based clinical practice and reducing healthcare inequalities;
- the need for transparency and optimal use of data, in order to promote treatment cost-effectiveness and reduce the economic burden of diseases;
- the need for multinational cooperation, taking advantage of Europe population size and diversity, and of its medical expertise.
- an animation film in the 23 European languages (partner),
- two serious games (ECRAN Lab ed ECRAN Maze) in 6 languages (English, French, German, Spain, Italian and Polish) (leader),
- the website (www.ecranproject.eu) in 23 languages (leader),
- the information and educational materials in 6 languages,
- a network of European journalists committed to ECRAN project and its messages (leader).